Today, Sysco sells, market and distributes food and allied products to restaurants around the globe and clients preparing meals away from their homes. The company’s other institutional clients are healthcare providers, educational facilities and lodging establishments. It also sells and distributes equipment and supplies for food service and hospitality industries around the globe.
With its more than 425,000 clients and with 194 distribution centers located strategically around the globe, it made Sysco a global leader in selling and distributing food and allied services. Sysco employs 50,300 individual and generated a total sales revenue of 46 billion dollars in 2014. It is continuing to grow and is hiring more employees to sustain its daily operation.
Sysco Distribution Centers
Sysco maintains 194 distribution centers around the globe, but mostly in major cities in the US. Finding the Sysco distribution center nears you, just visit the official website of the company and enter your own address in the search bar.
Sysco truck driving job description
Sysco offers one of the best truck driving jobs in the US for those who are eligible individual to fill in its vacancy. Its extensive food distribution business requires a huge fleet of delivery trucks of various sizes and tonnage capacity.
Truck drivers will have to drive an average of 85,000 miles per week, delivering almost 65,000 cases per day to various destinations. Truck drivers also required to perform heavy lifting task and early morning working hours. As a Fortune 100 company, Sysco offers excellent benefits, that includes stock, pension and healthcare benefits to its employees.
The applicant should be an experienced truck driver, at least 21 years of age and possess the following qualifications:
- Should have a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Have a minimum of 3 months recent Class A driving experience
- Applicants with Hazmat endorsement are preferred
- Should preferably have a Passport, FAST Card or Enhanced CDL
Successful applicants can earn up to 61,000 US Dollar annually with a signing bonus of 5,000 US dollars.
In addition, successful applicants shall have the following compensation, perks and incentives, as follows:
- Entitlement to mileage and other related pay of $0.02 per mile performance bonuses
- Entitles to a maximum $6,000 tuition reimbursement for successful applicants
- The company offers flexible scheduling available
- Applicants shall be paid during orientation and training
- Entitled to paid vacation under the labor laws
- Free medical, dental and vision insurance with flexible spending options
- Entitlement to 401(k) savings plan with matching company’s share
- And, other benefits that the company may declare from time to time
- Drivers have a 24 hours access to the company’s facilities with free and safe parking, Wi-Fi, laundry and shower facilities and cafeteria
For those military veterans, an additional benefit shall be given under the existing veterans laws, provided it will not exceed to 1,236 US dollars per month.
How to apply for Sysco truck driving jobs online?
If you feel that you meet the qualification standard and willing to be a part of Sysco family, then, visit any company’s distribution center near your home and make some inquiries about this job opportunity. Just don’t forget to bring with you your resume and other documents as hereinto required. For those who wish to apply online, just visit the Sysco official website and apply for the job. The website will help you navigate through it.