Roadway Express, Inc. was the second-leading motor freight carrier company in USA. It was found by brothers Galen and Carroll Roush in 1930 in Akron, Ohio. The company had a booming start as the motor carrier industry was still slowly developing. The company specializes in LTL(Less than Truck Load) shipment. Through its extensive network of 349 service centers, the company provides its services to manufacturing, government, retail and wholesale customers throughout North America. On 1st March 2009 Roadway express merged with Yellow transportation to form YRC Inc.
Roadway truck driving jobs
The following are the job responsibilities
- Drive tractor/trailers in single-, double or triple-trailer combinations.
- Drive an average distance of 2,000 miles per week, with the opportunity to drive as a group.
- Take assignments and examine loads, paperwork, and equipment before departing the warehouses.
- Drop and hook trailers and alter the alignment of equipment as needed.
- Load and unload the cargo in variable conditions at both Company and consumer locations following the techniques and procedures as a dock worker.
- Maintain driving records
- Represent the company professionally through careful driving and by providing outstanding consumer care services.
Truck Driver Qualifications
- The candidate should be 21 years or above
- Should have at least 1 year of experience in operating similar equipment in traffic and varying climatic conditions.
- Possess a valid Class A CDL license with doubles/triples, Hazmat and tank certifications.
- Passing DOT pre-employment drug screen and background check is a must.
- Readiness to work any shift and any day of the week is appreciated
- Should be able to record applicable shipping information.
- Have a dependable form of transport.
Truck driver benefits
- 401(k) program
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage( the company pays 100% of these health coverage and the drivers are also eligible for the medical prescription & mail order prescription plan
- Life insurance
- Long term and short term disability
- Defined benefit pension
- Paid over time and delayed time
- Payment of about $0.561128 per mile in case of OTR drivers and $24.74 per hour in case of P&D drivers.
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Staffs compensation pay
- Paid sick leave or personal leave
- Normal and accidental demise and disfigurement life insurance
- Direct deposit and a raise in salary of about 5% after one, two and three years.
Truck Driver Salary
The truck drivers’ salary in YRC Inc. ranges from $50,000 to $60,000 per year
Apply in a truck driver job in YRC Inc.
If you are interested for a job in Roadway Express, you can apply for the truck driver job by directly going to the company location or else you can apply through their official website
The company has got an overall rating of about 2.6 stars and 34% of the employees would recommend it to a friend. 44% of the staffs approve of the CEO.
The majority of the employees are of the opinion that Road Express was an excellent company before it had merged with the YRC Inc. Good pay, benefits, wonderful co-workers etc. are the pros listed. When it comes to the cons, staffs feel that the management discriminates between their own staffs (i.e. YRC) and Roadways staffs. Under staffed dispatch, poor maintenance of the equipment, 15% pay cut, layoffs etc are the other cons.
Truck driver sample resume
Let us take a look at the sample resume of truck driver
To work as a Truck Driver for a reputed organization utilizing the opportunity to drive different types of trucks with maximim efficiency.
- Possess A class CDL license
- Clean driving record
- 5 years of OTR experience
- In depth knowledge about DOTs rules and regulations
- Can lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Good map reading skills
- Provided excellent client care services during delivery and pick-up trips
- Maintained reports and records
- Maintained the vehicle in good condition
- Inspected the cargo received for quality and accuracy
- Reported to the concerned officials about the client complaints and issues regarding inventory on time.
- Utilized hand trucks and fork lifts
- Co-ordinated last minute and unplanned dispatches to meet the consumer demands
XYZ company, Baltimore, MD
May2010 to May 2015
Responsibilities: Truck Driver
- Transport cargo to the location specified by the company
- Maintain appropriate records to document all the transports
- Maintain the truck/trailer clean and neat( both interior and exterior)
- Follow the federal and state traffic rules and regulations
- Maintain drivers log book
- Report accidents and damage to the vehicle to the concerned official immediately