Locations of Over The Road Transportation Inc.
Listed are some of the business units locations of Over The Road Transportation Inc.
- Transportation Division (Canada, U.S. Eastern Seaboard & the Mid-West)
- Logistics Division (All other U.S. Regions)
- Warehousing/Distribution Solutions (Located in Mississauga)
Over The Road truck driving jobs
The truck drivers at Over The Road Transportation Inc. has to perform the following activities
- Strictly adhere to the state laws and safety regulations while driving tractor/trailer
- Maintain logs and records
- Examine the vehicle before and after a trip to ensure the functional safety of the vehicle
- Plan routes according to the state and local restrictions and traffic laws
- Load and unload the truck/trailer
- Work in extreme climatic conditions
- Operate large power equipments
- Go through the shipping papers to know the type of cargo and to detect the presence of any dangerous materials.
- Drive trailer/truck to the destined to a place according to the Federal regulations
Truck Driver Qualifications
- High School Diploma/ General Education Degree or equivalent
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- The candidate should pass a DOT physical before their first day of employment.
- Must pass PBV driving skills test.
- The candidate should be able to read and speak English
- Driving records with no traffic rules violation and less than two moving violations while driving a personal or commercial truck in the last three years
Truck Driver Benefits
- Life insurance
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Safety bonuses
- Paid vacation
- Paid training
Truck Driver Salary
Truck drivers in OTR Inc. earns a salary between $28,000- $56,000 per month
Apply for a truck driver job in Over The Road Transportation Inc
Visit the below mentioned official website link to apply for a job in Over The Road Transportation Inc
Truck driver sample resume
The following is the sample of a truck driver’s resume
- 5 years of experience as Over the road truck driver
- Has got a diploma in Hazmat Programs
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Has good knowledge about map reading procedures and safety regulations
- Thorough knowledge about DOT regulations, Federal and State laws
- Excellent English knowledge
- Gave coaching to a team of co-drivers to as OTR drivers in a minimal allotted period
- Won best employee award in 3 consecutive years
- Transported hazardous materials and FMCG products
- Excellent driving record
- Collected shipping charges as per the instructions
- Accidents were reported immediately to the Transportation Manager.
- Maintained vehicle logs as per the government protocols
- Managed truck inspections, repairs and vehicle malfunctions on the road.
- Charted out suitable routes with the use of maps and GPS
- Delivered the goods on time to the destination and took the signatures of the consignee on delivery related papers.
XYZ Company – 2010 to present
Truck Driver – Responsibilities:
- Transport the products safely to the destined places
- Verify the unloading of freights in order to avoid employee theft and fake claims of lost product.
- Review bills with clients and get hauler and receiver signatures.
- Maintain logs to reflect the locations of the customer and distance journeyed and fuel costs.
- Maintain vehicle in safe conditions, according to company and highway regulations.
- Help in loading and unloading of merchandise at warehouse using a Pallet Jack and forklift.
- Prepare mishap reports in accordance with OHAS and company safety requirements.
- Strictly follow the parking rules and regulations to avoid violations and parking tickets
- Have strong work ethics and clean work history
- Adapted to working under extreme weather conditions; can lift and carry more than 50 pounds.
- Can repair operation problems in minor vehicles
- Acknowledged for planning, organizing and managing priorities in a convenient way.