The company is known for its religious sentiments; until 1976 it doesn’t sell alcohol on Sundays and remains closed. The company also donates 5 percent of its profit to charity. Some of the top products sold by the company are bakery, dairy, frozen foods, gasoline, general grocery, meat, pharmacy, seafood, snacks etc. The company has around 80,000 employees as of 2014 reports.
Few Locations of HEB
Headquartered in Downtown San Antonio, H-E-B operates more than 300 stores in over 150 communities across Texas. The company does business in 5 different retail formats: General H-E-B stores, Central Market, H-E-B Plus, Mi Tienda and Joe V’s Smart Shop. Listed are some of the locations of HEB business units
- San Antonio
- Fort Worth
- Corpus Christi,
- Rio Grande City
- San Juan
- Tampico, Mexico
HEB truck driving jobs
- Transporting merchandise to various store locations and terminals
- Ensuring the integrity of the load along with the accuracy of the product delivered to each store
- Loading and unloading merchandise from the truck
- Perform regular inspection of trucks for defects
- Flexibility to work in different environmental conditions
- Adherence to all Health and Safety care
- Ability to meet deadlines and willingness to follow standard operating procedures
- Must be a team player with good communication skills
Truck Driver Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a CDL Class A License
- Must have at least three years experience driving
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record
- Must be able to work even on weekends, including nights and holidays
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills and safety record
Truck Driver Benefits
The truck drivers in HEB are eligible are benefited with some attractive perks such as
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Discount
- Job Training
- Performance Bonus
Truck Driver Salary
The truck drivers working in HEB receive an average salary of $40k – $50k per month.
Apply for a truck driver job in McLane:
If you are interested in joining HEB as a truck driver, then click on the link below for applying through the official web portal
Pros of working in the company are
- Great work environment and colleagues
- Flexible hours, and outside activities
- Free food, weekly pay, discounts on groceries
And the cons include
- Less opportunity for career advancement
- Short breaks and unpredictable schedules
Truck Driver Sample resume:
Let us take a look at the sample resume of truck driver
Email: [email protected]
Seeking a position in a good company to utilize my skills to the fullest and provide optimum service for customers.
- Experienced with over 8 years experience in delivering products throughout the United States
- Perfect driving record including several company awards for safety and efficiency
- Ability to deliver goods on schedule and tracking
- Accurate sense of direction and comprehensive visual memory
- Ability to work up to seven days a week
- Quick learner with good communication skills and work ethic
Higher School Certificate
Truck Driver: Dec. 2004 – Oct. 2009, ABC Company
- Transport goods safely, successfully operate vehicles in all weather conditions and over a wide variety of terrain.
- Hooking and unhooking trailers, performing daily maintenance,
- Completing all paperwork, inspecting and maintaining vehicles and supplies.
Truck Driver: Jan. 2003 – Nov. 2004, XYZ Services
- Responsible for loading, delivering and unloading concrete, verifying bills, and scheduling deliveries.
- Maintained cargo security at all times.
- Practiced careful, defensive driving techniques to attain and maintain a perfect safety record.
CDL Class A License
*References available upon request.