Halliburton is a multinational corporation in the United States. It is one of the biggest companies in the world that provides services and products to the gas and oil industries. The company was founded by Mr. Erle P. Halliburton as New Method Oil Well Cementing Company in the year 1919 in Duncan, Oklahoma. By the year 1946, the company expanded to the Middle East, Ecuador Colombia and Peru.
Halliburton first appeared in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., which was a fully owned subsidiary in Italy. The company changed to its present name on 5 July 1961. Today the company has hundreds’ of branches, brands, subsidiaries and affiliates all over the world and employs over 75,000 people. General freight, chemicals and oil field equipment are some of the cargo hauled by the company. Halliburton has two headquarters, the main one is at Houston, Texas, USA, and the other in Dubai, UAE. Dave Lesar is the chairman and CEO while Jeff Miller is the president.
Locations of Halliburton
The company has various locations across North, South and Central America. Some of them are listed below
- Gulf of Mexico
- Peru. Etc.
Halliburton truck driving jobs
The following are the job responsibility of truck drivers in Halliburton
Heavy weight truck drivers are expected to perform the below listed activities
- Takes assignments, receives instructions, and direction from the Foreperson or General Foreperson and reports to the same
- Read documents and guidelines, interprets them and plans work schedules.
- Drive company truck/trailer with capacity up to 30 tons.
- Transport raw materials, equipment etc. to and from sites of work
- Transport materials and supplies from one warehouse to another
- Load & unload the trailer/truck
- Follow all the safety rules and regulations, which includes wearing individual safety equipment
The job responsibilities of truck driver in warehouse operations are
- Ship equipment and resources to and from internal & external clients
- Complete all the driver DOT paper works necessary for each trip
- Assist in setting up rig tanks and rig up equipment as per the necessity
- Load and unload the truck
- Perform other assigned duties
Truck Driver Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Commercial driver’s license with HazMat authorization license.
Truck driver benefits
Drivers in Halliburton enjoy the following health benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Accidental Demise and Dismemberment
- Long term disability program
- Drug prescription plan
- The R &S (Halliburton retirement and Savings plan)
- Seven paid American national holidays & 2 personal paid days (in place of Company selected floating holidays).
- Maximum value added performance award for employees and teams outstanding performances
- Paid vacations
Truck Driver Salary
Truck driver salary in Halliburton ranges from $50,000K to $85,000K
Apply for a truck driver job in Halliburton
Click on the following link to search a job in Halliburton
The employees at Halliburton give it a 4 star rating. 76% approve of their CEO and 63% of them would recommend the company to a friend. Most of the truck drivers working in Halliburton are satisfied with the company and all are happy with their colleagues and work. But few complain their pay was lower than the assured pay. The other cons listed were on call duty and improper work-life balance due to long trips and on call duties.
Truck driver sample resume
Sample resume of a truck driver is given below
- Two years of experience as a fuel truck driver
- Possess A class & B class driver’s license
- Always ready to perform unplanned and emergency duties
- Clean driving record with Hazmat and Tanker authorizations
- in depth knowledge about electrical safety standards and signage on the main roads
- Readiness to work on call, night shifts etc.
- Good arithmetical ability in all units of measurement
- Has transported gas and oil products across USA
- Loaded and unloaded fuel in the tanker as per the company and state necessities.
- Inspected the truck before, during and after each trip
- Completed and submitted all work related documents on time
- Reported equipment malfunction to the concerned authority on time
- Ensured endorsement for loading at all depots
ABC Transport Company, 2008 to present
Responsibilities: Truck Driver
- Transport petroleum products to proper destination, observing all State and Federal traffic rules and safety protocols.
- Load and unload tanker with fuel according to company and state policies
- Inspect the truck and equipment to ensure safety
- work in extreme climatic conditions whenever needed
High school diploma