The company was initially interested in offshore and inter-continental deliveries, but the success of FedEx prompted their own intra-U.S. expansion starting in 1983. Then DHL aggressively expanded its logistics service to countries that could not be served by any other delivery service. In 1998, Deutsche Post slowly started acquiring shares in DHL. It finally completed the purchase in 2002. Today, DHL Express shares its well-known DHL brand with other Deutsche Post business units, such as DHL Global Forwarding and DHL Supply Chain.
Few Locations of DHL:
DHL Headquarters for the Americas is located in Plantation, Florida, USA, while its Asia-Pacific and other Emerging Markets headquarters are located in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and China. The company has its European hub in Leipzig, Germany.
DHL offers worldwide services, including deliveries to countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan, and Myanmar. As DHL is not a US company, it is not allowed to make domestic flights between U.S. airports. DHL contracts these services to other providers.
DHL truck driving jobs
Listed are the responsibilities of truck drivers working at DHL
- Pick up and deliver goods in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with company procedures
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledgeable to operate scanners to record shipping information
- Must pick up, handle, and deliver documents and packages to customer sites
- Strong driving skills in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Maintain driver log according to DOT regulations.
Truck Driver Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a CDL Class A License
Truck Driver Salary
The truck drivers in DHL receive salaries ranging between $45,000 and $60,000 annually.
Truck Driver Benefits
The truck drivers in DHL are eligible are benefited with some attractive perks such as
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401K Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Discount
- Job Training
- Performance Bonus
Apply for a truck driver job in DHL:
If you are interested in joining DHL as a truck driver, then click on the link below for applying through the official web portal
Employee reviews suggest that DHL is a good place to work. 63% of employees are willing to recommend the company to their friends and 84% approve of the CEO, Ken Allen.
Pros of working in the company are
- Great work environment and pay
- Challenging, fast paced environment
And the cons include
- Work-life balance
- Mandatory overtime and unpredictable schedules
Truck Driver Sample resume:
Let us take a look at the sample resume of truck driver
Email: [email protected]
Seeking a position in a good company to utilize my skills to the fullest and provide good service for customers.
- Experienced in delivering products within specified time interval
- Knowledgeable of safety regulations and map reading procedures
- Accurate sense of direction and comprehensive visual memory
- Conducts pre-and-post trip inspections of vehicles
- Ability to lift and carry more than 60 pounds
- Good communication skills and work ethic
August 2013 – Present
- Operated truck in a safe and professional manner
- Responsible for loading, delivering and unloading concrete, verifying bills, and scheduling deliveries.
- Performed servicing and maintenance of equipment
- Assisted with general labor duties dependent upon the need
- Adhered to regulations and parking rules
May 2010 – July 2013
- Inspect delivery logs to determine the nature of load and to check for the presence of hazardous materials
- Reported all accidents and other improper incidents to the top management
- Loaded and unloaded the truck; Checked truck before departure
- Served as back-up delivery driver
- High School Diploma
- College Graduate
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate priorities in an expedient manner.
- Strong customer service orientation and problem solving skills
*References available upon request