Con-way is a wonderful American multinational logistics and freight transportation company that has its headquarters in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States. CONWAY Inc. has its historical rots deep down from the year 1929, and founded by Leland James. He started Conway as a small trucking company that served local region of Portland, Oregon as Consolidated Truck lines. Later the company started enjoying endless success, with acquisition and wide expansion. Therefore Conway Company started producing annual revenue of $5.5 billion.
According to the Fortune 500 list revealed for the 2013, Conway is considered as third largest logistics and Transportation Company in America. The Conway Company sells its perfect services through its basic companies operating as Menlo Worldwide, Conway Truckload and Conway freight. These special operating units’ offers multimodal freight transportation, full truckload and less than truckload, along with other services like supply chain management, warehousing and logistics services. This multinational Conway Company as well as its subsidiaries provides their exclusive services from more than 500 placers that are located across North America and also in 20 other countries.
Location of the Conway Company in USA
This awesome company is considered as the pioneers in wide ranges of transportation and logistics management. The company is located exclusively in North America with partial borders, spreading between Mexico and the United States. They operate from more than 425 locations and conveniently perform shipping through ports located in Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii.
Conway truck driving job description
Conway offers the best truck driving jobs for eligible candidates across the USA especially for those who target for achievement in their career. Truck driving jobs demand the drivers to be skilled in driving different types of heavy vehicles and trucks in order to make prompt deliveries and for transporting materials and goods between destinations. Professional truck drivers of the Conway are responsible for diverse duties like inspecting, unloading and perform maintenance that is interrelated to their job position. They should keep the truck completely clean and tidy. He needs to check and maintain the interior working condition of the vehicle. Let us see few basic descriptions of the truck driving jobs-
- They should possess skills to drive and operate different varieties of trucks in order to transport the materials to even longer distances
- They must plan the logistics properly and carefully obtain the essential documents for transporting goods.
- Load and unload the cargo
- Ensure that the safety precautions are taken in case they transport certain hazardous materials.
- Truck drivers should inspect the working condition of the vehicle post trip, en-route and pre trip as well.
- Keep proper records of the cargo information, service hours, expenditure spent on fuel and total travelled distance extensively.
- Maintain the lading bills and the log books.
- Fantastic communication skill to converse with other drivers, dispatcher and customers
- Ensure that the dispatcher is updated with the entire incidents.
- Carefully follow the traffic rules of the country
- Report to the high authorities about any serious mechanical problems.
- Maintain the cleanliness and working condition of the truck.
Annual salary for Conway truck drivers
The Conway truckload provides excellent career opportunities with awesome pay. The highly qualified team of professional truck drivers is offered outstanding pay, excellent benefits and exceptional support. Other benefits enjoyed by the Conway truck drivers include regular safety bonuses, health insurance, paid time off and practical miles etc. Thus a truck load driver is offered an average salary of $52,200 per year exclusively.
How to apply for Conway truck driving jobs online?
If you are an eligible candidate for the position truck driver with Class A CDL then you can log in to the web page http://www.con-way.com/en/careers/driver-careers/ltl_driver and apply at the Conway freight for excellent future career opportunities.
Sample resume for Conway truck driving jobs
Highly experienced and professionally skilled CDL Class A Truck driver with more than 8 years experience in Conway truck driving. I am skilled in maintaining minor truck repairs, log reports and excellent route driving. Possess exceptional talents to deal skillfully with dispatchers and customers. Drive the vehicle abiding traffic rules.
Summary of qualifications
- Delivered and picked up the assigned materials everyday irrespective of the weather and road conditions.
- Collected cash on deliveries if required
- Convey to the high officials about problematic areas in the truck driving and accomplishing customer satisfaction
- Practice supreme quality maintenance of truck service, delivery records and fuel charges.
- Achieved customer satisfaction by delivering the materials accurately within time estimated during the orders.
- Fixed minor truck problems, especially the pressure brake compartment that helped the dispatchers to save loads in replacement or repairing costs.
- Established and maintained OSHA guidelines that relate to transportation and handling of hazardous chemicals and goods
- Completely dedicated to work with cheer even under tough environment and stressful working conditions
- XYZ Co.
Truck driver from 2010 to present
- Drove trucks between destinations within the estimated time limit
- Delivered the materials to designated destinations without any complications
- Charted with care for perfect best routes for delivering goods
- Maintained the truck cleanliness both interiors and exteriors
- Truck driver
From the year 2007 to 2010
- Rove heavy vehicles for 4 years
- Excellent expense management
- Offered exceptional customer satisfaction with good communication skills
- Followed appropriate safety rules and regulations
Diploma in related subject from the Some University – 2007
- Possess valid CD A driver’s license
- Exceptional record for skillful driving with adherence to the entire Federal DOT rules