It all started when Chester decided to provide farm to market transportation service for the farmers in Weber County and Cache Valley. The business was successful and soon it began to grow at a rapid pace with the addition of several trucks. Later his son’s Gene and Bill became familiar with the trucking industry. As the operation grew, C.R. England started a new 72-hour coast-to-coast service that was not provided to American shippers previously. During 1978, C.R. England moved its east coast operations to Burlington, New Jersey.
In 1982, with the help of modern technology, C.R. England was able handle the east coast operations from the Salt Lake terminal. It now operates terminals in several locations.
Locations of C.R. England
With the headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. The company operates terminals in below listed places
- New Jersey
- Indiana &
C.R. England’s Truck Driving School
The company conducts a training program for young students who are inspired to start their career as Truck Drivers. They also recruit people who want to change their careers from construction, maintenance, labor, or customer service to a full time truck driver. The company guarantees a truck driving job to students who complete the course at a C.R. England partner truck driving school. The training program also promises an average pay of $450 – $720 per week as a new truck driver within the first 6 months.
C.R. England’s Truck driving jobs
The truck drivers are expected to perform the below listed activities at C.R. England
- Operate trucks/ trailers safely in accordance with company’s Safety policies and regulations
- Load and unload trailers
- Maintain travel logs and other paperwork associated with deliveries
- Deliver the items safely in the correct destination
- The driver should have the readiness to work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures
- Ability to work 24×7, even during the weekend or holidays whenever required.
- Establish healthy relationships with co-workers
Truck driver benefits
C.R. England offers the following benefits to its drivers
- Health/Life Insurance
- 401k plans
- Mileage, Safety and Fuel Saving Bonus
- Awards for Safety
- Liberal Family Rider Policy
- Paid vacation
- Strong Driver Support Program
- New Trucks & New Equipment
- Training program for drivers
- Dedicated & Regional lanes available for experienced drivers
Truck Driver Qualifications
- High school diploma
Truck Driver Salary
The truck drivers working at C.R. England gets salary ranging from $ 35,000 to 45,000 per year.
Apply for a truck driver job in C.R. England
Click on the following link to apply for truck driving career in C.R. England
The company has got an overall rating of about 2.4 stars and 35% of the employees would recommend it to a friend. 47% of the staffs approve of the CEO.
Pros of working in C.R. England
- Free school job placement
- Willing to allow drivers with no experience to train and drive for them.
- Moderate benefits and pay
Cons of working in C.R. England
- Poor management
- No work-life balance
- Poor communication between management and employees
Truck driver sample resume
Here is a truck driver’s sample resume
Hardworking Truck Driver with excellent driving and customer satisfaction records. Available 24×7, including weekends and holidays.
- Class A CDL with clean driving record and hazmat endorsements
- Strong knowledge of safety standards and various locations
- Ability to maintaining activity records
- Good ability to understand oral and written instructions, memos and other correspondence
- Good mathematical knowledge
April 2010 to Present
- Loaded and unloaded petroleum products in accordance with company and state requirements.
- Drove semi-truck with trailers according to company regulations.
- Completed and submitted all company paperwork in a timely manner.
- Performed regular safety inspections on trucks as required by company policy.
- Reported equipment concerns and malfunctions to concerned department promptly
May 2008 to March 2010
- Applied established driver work protocols accurately and efficiently.
- Assisted junior employees with time sheet work and other related paperwork.
- Provided senior staffs with all vehicle maintenance information in a timely manner.
High School Diploma